Monday , July 13 2020
Home / Minnesota Marijuana News / 51% of Minnesotans Support Legalizing Recreational Marijuana

51% of Minnesotans Support Legalizing Recreational Marijuana

Local Marijuana Store

A recent poll conducted by MPR News and the Star Tribune reveals that just 51% of Minnesota voters support recreational marijuana legalization. Of the remaining 49%, 37% oppose legalization and the remainder haven’t decided yet.

Governor Tim Walz has already spoken about considering allowing recreational marijuana, the Star Tribune reported.

Minnesota Republicans have said that they will block any efforts to legalize recreational marijuana. Republicans are, however, open to making some changes to the medical marijuana program.

The state’s Democratic voters showed more support for legalization than Republican voters.